When paying via bank transfer, you should also submit this form accepting the Terms & Conditions.
As soon as you make the bank transfer please send a copy of its receipt, so we can have your spot confirmed without waiting for the payment to arrive.
- Bank: Caixabank, S.A.
- Holder: Menorca Rara Avis Workshops S.L.
- Account number: 2100 8076 91 02 00049915
- IBAN: ES53 2100 8076 9102 0004 9915
- SWIFT: CAIXESBBXXX
- Concept: [your name] + [artist name]
⚠️ When ordering the wire transfer from your bank, kindly be sure to select “euros (€)” as the transfer currency, and “sender/payer/issuer” for any associated transfer fees or commissions. This will help ensure that we receive the correct payment amount. Thank you.
Sometimes, some banks ask for other details, like our address or bank address. So just in case here you have them:
Terms & Conditions
Stay calm and read on
Last modified October 2022.
Please read this text carefully and don’t panic, we are legally required to include the whole scoop. We’ve put the most important stuff in bold. Quarantines are arranged by “Quarantine Events”. All information is given in good faith.
- First, when booking our events you automatically accept these terms and conditions.
- Second, it is your responsibility to be in possession of a valid passport or identification card, as well as any visas, permits, certificates, or other documents needed for your entire journey, including medical certificates.
- Third, and most importantly, the admission process will follow a first come, first serve (review, assess and respond) basis.
- You must be physically and mentally fit for the proposed activities before arrival. If you have any doubts about this, please contact us to explain any medical conditions that may affect the running of the art events. Some workshops and boot camps may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions.
- The very nature of some of these Quarantines (particularly those held out of the classrooms) involve visiting a variety of outdoor and indoor locations. Some of our activities can be somewhat more risky (countryside, villages, harbors, boats…). We do our best to keep you safe, but it is in all cases your responsibility to use your best judgment and sense to ensure your own personal safety.
Once your application is accepted, we’ll reserve your spot for 5 days, until your payment is received (direct bank transfer option). We will confirm your admission as soon as the transaction appears on account.
Program changes or cancellations
- Quarantine Events reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, if necessary, at any time. Changes will be published on Quarantine’s website and communicated via email.
- Quarantine Events reserves the right to change any of the prices, limit class size, services or contents at any time. If this takes place, we will notify you immediately and give you the chance to accept or cancel your reservation.
- Quarantine Events reserves the right to postpone or cancel an event if we don’t reach the required minimum number of participants. In this case, we would notify you at least 30 days prior to the event’s start date.
- If we cancel an event, we will fully refund all your payments. Refunds are limited to total payments made to Quarantine Events.
- Quarantine Events will not be liable for any consequential loss of any kind, no matter how such loss is incurred. So, we strongly suggest not purchasing plane and hotel tickets until we confirm the Quarantine Event.
- In the unlikely event that the named teacher is unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond her or his control, we would fully refund your fee. You will be refunded a pro-rated amount if a teacher must leave after an event has already begun.
- The very nature of the Quarantine offered requires flexibility by all parties and must allow for alternatives caused by weather/local conditions etc. For this reason, the outlined itinerary and outdoor workshop description is an indication of what may take place at the event, and not as a contractual obligation.
- Issues caused by poor weather: Bear in mind that it may rain at some point during the week of the event, which in all likelihood will be of no greater hindrance. That said, on occasion, although extremely rare, the weather may be so bad that even inside the Port of Maó waves can grow so large that the ferry to the Lazaretto Island cannot operate (this takes place 1 or 2 days per year). If this should occur, Quarantine will not be held responsible and will not reimburse attendees for the missed day. We will however provide an excellent “PLAN B” for that day; all shall not be lost!
Refunds and Transfers
- Registration fees are neither refundable, transferable nor exchangeable.
- Cancellations: If you decide to cancel, you must properly notify us in advance by email.
- The % refund applicable depends on WHEN you notify us of your cancellation:
- More than 90 days: 70% refund
- 90 to 61 days: 50% refund
- 60 to 31 days: 30% refund
- 30 days or less prior to the start of the Quarantine event: no refund
PS – We are truly sorry, but we have to pay for everything anyway.
If cancellation is covered under the terms of your private insurance policy you may be able to claim such charges to your insurance company.
- The booking process will follow a first come, first serve basis.
- Phones, pets and illegal substances are prohibited on the island.
- The facilities, services, and instruction provided during these Quarantines are for the exclusive use of our clients. Guests are not allowed without the express permission of Quarantine Events.
- An assistant will greet you and take you to the Lazaretto Island by boat from the Cales Fonts harbor. Once you arrive on the islet, our staff will welcome you and assist you with your initial needs.
- Missed ferries: Quarantine will provide you with the exact schedule for ferry operations from Calesfonts to the Lazaretto Island in the morning, as well as for the return trip at the end of the day. If for any reason you should miss the last ferry to the event in the morning or back to Calesfonts in the evening, Quarantine shall not be held responsible for your private transportation or for missing a day of the event. We will of course do anything we can to provide you with information on water taxi services or other options. (Please be on time!)
- Neither Quarantine Events nor their assigns is liable to any injuries or health problems during the stay.
- Neither Quarantine Events nor their associates are liable for any property stolen on Lazaretto Island. It’s a private environment and there’s nothing to fear. But we suggest you keep your belongings safe.
- You will sign a document stating that you are responsible for all of your actions, safety, and risks you may take during the event.
- Quarantine Events does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily harm or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to Spanish Law with regard to any issues of liability or compensation.
- Your own private insurance policy must cover any situations that may arise such as accident, illness, death and any repatriation costs.
- Quarantine Events does not accept liability for any losses or additional expenses caused by delay or interruption to travel services due to weather conditions, sea storms, civil disturbances, industrial actions, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or other force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, pandemics, riots, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, flood, adverse weather conditions, etc.
- You must show proof of your identification and insurance coverage at the time of your arrival. We will require:
- Name of insurance company
- Insurance policy number
- Insurance emergency or hotline telephone number